The Tour plan rehashed

It has been a very long time since I last updated this blog and I should have been more regular I guess. Well, part of the good news is that the Tour is still on.

The original tour was planned so that I go to all these places in one go. This turned out to be somewhat cumbersome. Partly because different places have different times when they're available for visitors. The weather also is different in different places and the Tour would either have been really difficult or a breeze accordingly. So, rather than choose and select the timing in a slot of 1 to 2 months, I thought it would be much better to do it over a longer time frame. This also lets me break up my tour in such a way that I extend it all the way upto the Astrosat launch early next year. It would be a great opportunity for me to watch that launch if not from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre then from a place nearby where I can get a good view.

I have also finalised a good outline for the way things will pan out before, during and after a visit. The updates will, ofcourse depend on Internet connectivity etc but this is the rough outline.

Before the Trip:
1. A pointer to the website, instructions on how to go there and whom to contact.
2. Plans, who I am going to meet and accept reader questions
3. Point to the Wikipedia page and a look at the content there.

During the Trip:
1. Photos will be posted to Picasa Web, slideshow will be inserted in the blog where you can view them.
2. Videos will be posted to YouTube. I will try to transcribe the videos into text after I get back from the trip, for those who don't have speeds that support videos.
3. Blog updates, if possible.
4. Updates during the trip to my personal twitter account (when I get connectivity and if possible).

After the Trip:
1. Photos and videos that could not be uploaded will be uploaded.
2. Will try and make a Google Map on the Observatory along with instructions on getting there and navigation, if any.
3. Will update the Wikipedia entry.

In addition to all of the above, I would love to talk to anyone who would like to share my experiences in person and also want to learn more about observatories in India. Please spread the word and inform everyone interested in astronomy or space on this unique tour to the Astronomical Observatories of India. Stay tuned the first leg of the Telescopes of India tour is coming very soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ToIt Spreadsheet additions

The Observatories on the Tour

Telescopes of India Tour - Responses