Telescopes of India Tour - Responses

First of all, I'd like to clarify that this tour is now being backed by SEDS India. It's an organisation that I have been leading for the past 4 years now and we're under the process of registeration.

Now that, that's out of the way, I have been getting quite a response to my yesterday's blog post and emails to several mailing lists that I have been on -

  • Manoj Pai from Confederation of Indian Amateur Astronomers (CIAA) wrote in with some words of advice. I really appreciate that.

  • I got a reply from Halit and Bijal from Space Generation Advisory Council asking for any help in communicating with IYA teams.

  • Svetlana Shkolyarfrom the 4Frontiers Corporation wrote to me. They've developed packaged tours for visiting space centres in the US. On the page, they've also mentioned about doing something similar in India, with ISRO. They've offered to do something similar in the US. It's an exciting prospect and I will definitely give it a thought.

  • Vikrant Narang from SPACE wrote in to me and has offered to give me a helping hand in organising trips in North India. Thanks, I'll get in touch with you if I need any help!

  • I've also got emails from Kalam Nagappan, whom I met during IAC and Rajdilwar about joining me on this trip.

  • Rashmi Bansal editior of the student mag JAM also wrote in. Turns out her dad works for ISRO! Cool!

  • Update: I've also got an offer from Planetary Society, India for free accomodation and visit to observatoryin Andhra Pradesh and facilitation of accomodation if more number of people with the help of Government of Andhra Pradesh.


Thanks for your emails guys.I will reply to you individually as soon as I can. Also, if you're planning to do something similar in your country, please do write in to me using the contact form.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Observatories on the Tour

Maps of Indian observatories